The patient advocate, Christine Heithoff, provides practical assistance in obtaining important referrals and obtaining key information for patients and their families regarding services. The patient advocate works with the nurse expert in the center to help meet the unique support needs of brain tumor patients.
- Expert one-on-one education about brain tumors (types, treatments,symptoms, etc)
- Written education resources for home use
- Provision of follow-up support beyond hospitalization for ongoing assessment of your unique needs at home
- Easy connections to important services and resources such as legal, financial, psychosocial and spiritual resources
- Caregiver support
- Computer access in the center
Healing Vibrations is a service being developed by the Cullather Center, thanks to the creativity and generosity of Pamela and Russell Finer and their family and friends.
The “Healing Vibrations” fund allows the center to give patients/families access to such activities as yoga, art and music therapy, therapeutic massage and cadre of other complementary therapies that can enhance quality of life.